Cactus Project (Optimization of Sweetening and Fractionation Plants)
Cactus, Chiapas, Mexico
Start / Complete:
2013 / 2015
- Shut-Down and Revamp of 3 Main Units within the CACTUS Gas Petrochemical Complex:
- Condensates Sweetening Plant (19K BPD)
- Ethane Dehydration Unit (60 MMSCFD)
- Refrigeration Compression Unit (104K BPD)
- New Ethane Dehydration (60 MMSCFD) and Ethane Measurement Units
- All Balance of Plant (BOP) activities
- Detail Engineering as well as all Procurement and Construction activities.
- Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and Start Up
- 1,600,000 Man Hours with No Accidents
- 45 days of Shutdown activities surrounded of operating facilities in the Petrochemical complex
- Upgrade and Modernization of the Control System for the DCS, F&G and ESD controls.
- Installation of more than 95 new major equipment, 500 instruments, 100,000 mts of cable and 45,000” of welds executed.
LINDSAYCA, with its other 3 partners (Vepica, Tordec & Pyecsa), provided review of basic Engineering and developed the Detail Engineering of the project. Such activities where executed in 3 different Engineering Centers around the globe.
More than 95 new equipment (including major Fractionation Columns and Skids) were designed and procured to replace or optimized the petrochemical facility. All Balance of Plant Activities were fabricated off-site to maximize time of delivery. The installation of most of the equipment and BOP spools was performed while the plant was in operation.
More than 45 days of Shutdown activities were achieved with an excellent safety performance and schedule management. More than 900 workers worked during 2 shifts to complete all activities.